Thursday, November 21, 2019, we had our General Meeting!
Our November meeting held at a new location: Club Atlas Colomos. It was a great venue and one of the biggest benefits was the safety of the parking lot. Joan, thank you for organizing! Our speaker for the evening was Eduardo Zepeda, an expert and consultant in information security. His talk provided us with essential tips for protecting your identity, your information, and yourself and family members. Thank you to Eduardo for the interesting and informative talk
— Bonnie Gosler (Newsletter Coordinator) and Sara Partida (Translator)
Highlights from the Meeting
Make a Wish Gift Giving Program (MUDAC Un Deseo Por Una Sonrisa)
– We will be collecting gifts for several children for the holidays.
– Children will write letters for the things they want and need this holiday season. The letters will be posted on the Junior League Internal page.
– You can claim a gift or work with other members to get the gifts for the children. Just comment on the Facebook post to claim a gift.
– Did you know as a Junior League member that you have access to a wide range of benefits, including leadership and personal development courses, presentations on a variety of topics, as well as discounts on Disney tickets, Delta Airlines tickets, car rentals and more?
– To check out all of the benefits available:
1. Go to the website
2. Log in using your member ID.
3. Go to the Resources section of the website.
Casino Night and Auction
Thank you to everyone who helped with the Casino Night and Auction.
– This month we will have a Posada (instead of the usual soup kitchen activities)
– We will be working with HP volunteers!
– There will be games for the kids and a book for each child as well as dispensas for the families
– Date for the Posada: December 14
– Lily and Caroline did an excellent job leading the last class! Way to go, ladies!!
– Caroline purchased some new drums.
– It is such an incredible experience to provide love and affection and the gift of music to these sweet kids.
– Because the orphanage has so many activities planned for the kids during the month of December, they have asked us to postpone our music class until January.
Casi Como Nuevo
– If you haven´t done so yet, like the Casi Como Nuevo Facebook page
– Right now, they are looking for winter clothing, sweaters, accessories, toys, books, shoes.
– Store hours: M-F, 10-2 PM, Av. San Francisco 3332, Chapalita
Mi Bebé y Yo
– Right now, many of the hospitals are undergoing construction, so we have reduced the number of packages that have been delivered.
– Liza spoke about their trip to a prepa publica in Tlaquepaque to run an information booth at a health fair. Liza said they had a great time speaking with the kids and even ended up learning a few things themselves. 😉
-The team spoke about how they are looking for options for candidates, including investigating a local trade school.
-They will have a meeting before the holidays to brainstorm further ideas for the program.